Monday, December 15, 2014

12/15 Gerunds and Infinitives


Today, students watched the following video and completed the two exercises in the video.  They then went on to complete a worksheet on gerunds and infinitives.  You will find the questions below.  
In the blank space, insert the gerund or the infinitive form of the verb in parentheses.

1) I don't fancy  (go) out tonight.

2) She avoided  (tell) him about her plans.

3) I would like  (come) to the party with you.

4) He enjoys  (have) a bath in the evening.

5) She kept  (talk) during the film.

6) I am learning  (speak) English.

7) Do you mind  (give) me a hand?

8) She helped me  (carry) my suitcases.

9) I've finished  (cook) - come and eat!

10) He decided  (study) biology.

11) I dislike  (wait).

12) He asked  (come) with us.

13) I promise  (help) you tomorrow.

14) We discussed  (go) to the cinema, but in the end we stayed at home.

15) She agreed  (bring) the pudding to the dinner.

16) I don't recommend  (take) the bus - it takes forever!

17) We hope  (visit) Amsterdam next month.

18) She suggested  (go) to the museum.

19) They plan  (start) college in the autumn.

20) I don't want  (leave) yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment